In the legal world, the term Personal Injury refers to injuries sustained by a person on their body, mind, or emotions due to the actions or negligence of others. If you have sustained a personal injury, you can file a lawsuit and seek compensation for your damages. Get in touch with an experienced personal injury lawyer to learn more.
What kind of personal injury cases is the most common?
Although each personal injury case is different in some way, there are some types of cases that are fairly common, such as:
- Car accident injury: Car accident injuries are some of the most common in personal injury cases.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian accidents are another type of auto accident. These are also very common.
- Motorcycle accidents: Accidents where motorcycles are involved also come under auto accidents.
- Bicycle accidents: Accidents caused by bicycles are also a type of auto accident and can be classified as personal injury.
- Medical malpractice: A medical malpractice claim can be filed if a doctor, nurse, or any other healthcare professional administers a drug or treatment that does not meet the proper medical standards of your state. Medical malpractice can also include misdiagnosis, pharmacy errors, improper treatment, surgical errors, and so much more.
- Product liability: If a person is injured due to using or managing a damaged product, they can file a personal injury lawsuit against the manufacturing company.
- Premises liability: If an accident is caused due to dangerous or defective conditions on someone’s land, this is called premises liability. A premises liability accident can occur anywhere, and you can file a lawsuit against the landowner.
- Slip and fall accidents: All public spaces are responsible for ensuring that their space is safe for everyone. If you slip and fall in a public place due to their negligence, you can file a personal injury claim against them and seek compensation.
- Wrongful death: When a personal injury caused by negligence leads to the death of a loved one, then you can file a claim for wrongful death.
- Assault: Personal injury cases are not always the result of negligence. If someone is assaulted, they can file a personal injury lawsuit against the assailant.
Get in touch with a lawyer and explore your legal options!
If you or your loved ones have sustained a personal injury due to the actions or negligence of someone else, you deserve compensation. You do not need to suffer alone. Get in touch with an experienced personal injury lawyer and protect your rights.