No one hopes to get hit by a vehicle when driving on the beautiful roads of Henderson. Sadly, mishaps do happen, and more often than not, bicyclists suffer the most serious injuries in these accidents. If you were injured by a passenger car and believe that the driver was at fault, you should consider a Henderson bike accident attorney without delay. Here’s a list of the dos and don’ts you must follow after the incident.
- Call the police. Don’t let the other driver tell you that it doesn’t matter. You will need a copy of the police report if you decide to file a claim.
- Call 911. If you are injured, call 911 for medical care. Do the same if someone else needs medical attention.
- Identify witnesses and get their details, including contact numbers and addresses. You can contact them later for statements.
- Always follow the doctor’s advice. Make sure you follow the treatment plan as suggested and keep a copy of everything, including notes and medicine bills.
- Do not talk about the accident to anyone except the attorney. Also, don’t be tempted to share details on social media.
- Take pictures. If your injury allows you to, consider taking photos of your injuries and everything else at the scene. Your lawyer can use the information later.
- Don’t give a statement to the insurance adjuster. It’s common for insurance adjusters to try to get claimants to settle as early as possible. Do not fall for such parlor tricks.
- Do not admit fault. Even if you had a role in causing the bike accident, do not admit that to anyone. However, be honest with your lawyer at every step.
- Don’t engage in fights. You don’t need to confront the at-fault party directly at the scene. Instead, talk to them and gather relevant details.
- Get an attorney. It would help if you had a personal injury lawyer specializing in bike accident claims and lawsuits. Ensure that you choose an attorney who has experience handling injury claims at trials and is available to devote time.
Finally, take the time to recover. Once you hire an attorney, they will ensure that you don’t settle for less, and that involves considerable work on their part, such as gathering evidence and talking to witnesses. You have two years to file a bike accident lawsuit in Nevada – Start early to protect your interests, and hiring a lawyer is a wise step.